Search Mimi 4 Three

Sunday, May 24, 2015

Sunday Morning Pancakes

When they came to stay with us for just a short time cooking Sunday morning breakfast became a tradition - (more on that story over on grace4greta -   grace4greta.blogspot.com).

I found the best from scratch pancake recipe from The Pioneer Woman - I recommend her recipe and mine is pretty much the same...

Mimi's Sunday Morning Pancakes - takes about 30 minutes to have warm pancakes ready to eat
3 cups of regular flour
3 T baking flour
2 T of sugar
2 cups of organic milk
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
4 T melted butter
Mix the dry ingredients, add the milk, eggs & vanilla.  Gently stir (I use a whisk).  Add the melted butter.  Be careful not to stir too much.  Lumps are okay.  Heat a skillet or pancake iron using oil is the best. And cook your wonderful pancakes.  I use a 1/4 measuring cup for my size of pancakes.  And this recipe will make plenty for 6 people.  I add a little oil after each pancake - I cook one or two at the most at a time.  Also remember that the batter will bubble & kind of puff up when you are ready to flip them the first time.  I keep my oven on warm and put finished pancakes in there to stay warm while I finish cooking the batch.  

Or ... when you realize you don't have flour but you have store bought pancake mix - it works just almost the same!

This will work! I use 2 cups of the mix for 3 adults.

I hope you have a hand made iron!!  Special thanks to Daughter One's father for making this for us.  It is perfect!  And honestly makes a difference when cooking pancakes.  Notice the "G"?  Such a wonderful gift for this cook!



Even though they are now living at their home - Grandson One still comes over for Sunday morning breakfast! Nephew Three enjoys breakfast too!

My favorite syrup - well actually just any kind of real maple syrup. 

Pop likes a fried egg on top of his pancake stack.

For those of us who need to eat gluten free - this is the mix I use for pancakes.



So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.
I Corinthians 10:31




No comments:

Post a Comment