Search Mimi 4 Three

Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Waffles by Mimi

The Engine 2 Cookbook has a wonderful waffle recipe!  Their title is "Big Hit Waffles" - it is wonderful if you have their cookbook - if not - here is an adaptation.

Mix in blender:

Equal parts - almond milk & old fashioned oats (I use 2 cups of each)
1/2 of the equal part of unsweetened applesauce (so 1 cup)
1/2 tsp baking soda
Handful of walnuts
1 smashed banana
1/4 cup flaxseed meal
2 drops of YL lemon essential oil
2 tsp cinnamon (I never measure - there is a good chance it is more than 2 tsp)
1 tsp vanilla
(and you can add a handful of chocolate chips or cacao chips)

Blend together.  Then pour onto your heated waffle iron.  I use an iron by Krups with removable plates - it is perfect.

The leftovers freeze very well.  Then I heat one up in my Air Fryer and have a perfect breakfast for several days!

Heated up waffle - just finished it as I was writing this blog!

2 of my favorite WFPB cookbooks!
  



Love.Pray. it will. Be Okay.



No comments:

Post a Comment