Search Mimi 4 Three

Sunday, October 4, 2015

Migas ...

I love to watch my former students grow up.  It is so inspiring to see all the things that they do.  Seeing them on TV - seeing their work in social media - and most of all learning from them - is just amazing!

Here's one example....


So that is what I did this past Saturday - before soccer.

I made Migas.  For a while and in a couple of text messages - I pronounced it wrong - I added letters. But Migas is the dish - and it is quite easy and really quite good.  I used Autumn's recipe.

Autumn's Migas
6 eggs
chopped onion (about 1/2 of a small onion)
6 corn tortillas torn into bite sized pieces
chopped green chilies (about 1/2 to a full small can)
grated cheese of your choice 
butter (about 3-4 T)

Using a cast iron skillet (or whatever kind you have) - melt half of the butter and saute the onion until it is tender.  Add a bit more butter and the torn tortillas and stir until the tortillas are soft and golden.  Then add the green chilies and stir all together.

Scramble the eggs in a large bowl or measuring cup.  Season with salt and whatever else you may like.  Add any butter you might have left over.

Add to the cooked tortilla mixture and scramble.  Don't stir hard - you want the items all in large chunks - not tiny pieces.  Let the eggs cook - add cheese - and serve!

My dish of Migas - I actually made it twice on Saturday.  I wasn't sure about the green chilies so I did not add so much in the first batch.  The second batch was better - the green chilies help season the dish!

Really good.  Great served with bacon - that is if you don't turn the bacon into jerky....

For more recipes - visit Autumn's website:   Mama Challenge


“The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’There is no commandment greater than these.” ~ Mark 12:29-31

No comments:

Post a Comment