Search Mimi 4 Three

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Chorizo Breakfast Tacos

Breakfast is simply my favorite meal to cook - and sharing my kitchen with others is pretty much the best way to spend a Saturday morning.  Son One came to cook breakfast this past week.  After all - it was Texas/OU weekend - there aren't many things better than Texas/OU weekend and especially when Texas has the most points at the end of the game!

Chorizo Breakfast Tacos

1 package of chorizo (if you dare - use the store bought kind - but if you are a bit like me you will be making your own next time*)
6 eggs & milk
Grated cheese
Tortillas

Brown/cook the chorizo in a skillet using a wooden spoon.  Drain the grease.  Drain the grease.  Drain the grease.  (Seriously - he drained the chorizo on a paper towel several times to get the excess grease out of the meat)

Mix the eggs with milk and scramble.  Cook slightly then add the chorizo.  For this dish - the pieces of chorizo and egg are the same size.  (The egg pieces are very small)

Add cheese.  Heat the tortillas.  Serve!

Cook the chorizo with a wooden spoon.

Scramble the eggs with milk.

Chorizo & Egg --- potato would make a great addition
Guest chef for Texas/OU weekend.  Hook 'Em!!!!
It was the first time that I have eaten chorizo and I have to admit - it was really good.  However I want to make my own - that way I know exactly what kind of pork meat is in the chorizo - after all - it is the spice part that makes it so good!!!

This is the recipe I am going to try.
*Here's a homemade chorizo recipe - Homemade Chorizo from Daring Gourmet


Hooked 'Em!!!!
Getting ready for the Gatorade Bath!!!

Rejoice in the Lord always.  I will say it again:  Rejoice!  Let your gentleness be evident to all.  The Lord is near.
~Philippians 4:4-5













No comments:

Post a Comment